Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Edouard and Taco Cabana

Girls, did you survive Edouard? I sure hope you did. Yours truly spent the rainy day at the office dreaming about my bed. I mean, really, who doesn't love taking a nap when the rain is beating on your window?! It can by far be some of the best sleep you can get!

Anyway, I got a lot done, but as of right now at 7:48 pm I am currently sitting on my nice comfy couch enjoying this quiet and uneventful evening. After such a crazy schedule lately I am enjoying this down time!

What did you do today to entertain yourself during the hurricane ? Anything exciting? Please tell me you enjoyed a nap on my behalf! :)

Anyway, back to more important things...food.

So, Sunday night after church I was really craving some Taco Cabana. Every now and then I have a hankering for some tortillas and cheese. It is a wonderful meal/snack.

I pulled through the drive thru and ordered my original: A dozen tortillas, 8 oz. of queso, and an 8 oz. cup of fajita chicken. (I get extras because inevitably when I get home the whole family decides they want some, too, so I know better now just to get enough to share the wealth!)

When I pulled up to the window, the man said, "So, why do you order this?

My response: "Well, I love dipping your tortillas in the cheese and every now and then, I want to throw some chicken in, too!"

Man: "Oh, okay. Well, I was just wondering because I've never seen anybody order that. You're the first!"

Y'all, I was shocked. I don't know about you, but during my high school days Taco Cabana (or Taco C as we called it) was THE hang out. We went there all the time. I really don't know why, probably because it was cheap and we ALL ordered tortillas and cheese. Back then, my order wasn't so foreign!

So, what do you order at Taco C? Do y'all even go there anymore? Do you order something that is on the menu? (And for the record, all the stuff I order IS on the menu!)

Well, girls. I'm off to warm up some leftover tortillas and cheese for dinner. Healthy, isn't it!

Love y'all!

Lindsee

P.S. Q&A answer post coming up...so if you have any last minute questions feel free to ask!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i get beef fajitas and i selpt cause i went to bed at like 3 in the morning so yea oooooo i want taco c right now i know it is 10 35 in the morning but what ev byeeeeeeeeeeeee