Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Q&A With Lindsee

Hey loves!

First off, I feel like I should say Happy New Year since it is indeed, the new year and this is the first time I'm writing you. I'd love to say that at some point I'll get this blogging thing down, but I don't want to make any promises I can't keep. So I'm just going to say, I'll blog when I blog and yada, yada, yada. How's that?

We've already had our Winter Retreat which is nuts! So much of me is glad it's behind us, because of all the work that goes into it, but the other part of me is so sad it's over because I love me a good retreat weekend! And Love Conspiracy did not disappoint.

Anyway, I won't terry to long because I want to get straight to the point here. At the Girls Retreat each year we've had a neat Q&A time. This is honestly one of my favorite times with y'all because it gives you the chance, anonymously if you don't feel comfortable asking it up front, to ask any question you want and hopefully in return, receive some Godly wisdom. However, each year, we have far from scratched the surface to get them done, so I thought it would be fun to have a Q&A time each week on the blog. Not only will it be fun, but it will also keep me accountable to actually get on here and say hello. Some weeks they may be some of the serious questions you asked (sweet mercy y'all can ask some serious questions, which is great!) and some weeks it may be the silly, more fun questions. I guess it will depend on my mood! ;)

So, why linger on? Without further ado, today I'll answer one serious and one fun question!

What is your favorite place to shop?
I am so glad you asked! Seriously, I love, love, love to shop. I'd like to say it's one of my hobbies, however, if it was an everyday thing, I'd be considerably broke. What I do like to do is shop sales! I never, I repeat never, buy anything at full price. I'm a bargain shopper at best! With that said, some of my favorite stores to shop at are TJ Maxx, Ross, Target, Old Navy, Gap and Forever 21. I clearly have long legs, so buying jeans for me is no small task, nor cheap because of my insanely long inseam, however the store Buckle always seems to do the trick and a website called Alloy.com also provides me with long pants and jeans at a very discounted price. I love it!

Where do you like to shop?

If your friends are going through hard times, how do you help them?
Inevitably, girls, you will always go through life where either you are going through a hard time, or a friend is, so this question is perfect. Just the fact that you want to know encourages me! Your friends need you during hard times, whether or not you think they need you or if they even let on that you're needed.

The number one thing you can do is first off listen to them. Sometimes it's better not to say anything and just listen to how they're doing, or what's going on. We get so anxious sometimes because we don't feel equipped to help our friends, but the Lord gave us two ears and one mouth. Truly listening and validating their feelings is your first duty.

Another encouraging thing to do is to send them a letter (I personally am a fan of snail mail!) or an email to let them know you're praying and thinking about them. It's easy to get caught up in life and forget about certain situations, but when the Lord brings them to mind, stop and take a moment to pray for them, or send them a message on facebook. What you may think may be mundane, may mean the world to your friend.

I think this one goes without saying, but pray for them. You don't have to pray some outlandish prayer, but just ask the Lord to give them peace in their situation and wisdom and that they would become more like Him in whatever they're going through.

And lastly, ask them what you can do for them. They may not have an answer for you, but just you asking let's them know that you care and are there for them when they need you!

Well sweet girls, I hope you enjoyed the first rendition of Q&A with Lindsee. Just know that I have plenty more to answer. This is going to be fun!

Love to you today,
Lindsee

2 comments:

Isy said...

I love Forever 21 good place to shop. :)

PureFireRadio said...

It was really a trip reading your blog. This is Doug Hautz and our family used to attend Cypress (8years) from 90-98. We now live in FLA and I am the Sr Pastor of a small church in Ormond Beach. Youth Min is still my heart and I do a Christian Radio show on a local FM station that plays "over the top" music. Say hi to the folks and Kevin from Doug & Karen